Valid reason?

Paige
This is going to sound strange to some. My SO is currently incarcerated and is going to be gone for at least 7 months after our son is born. He hasn't been here for any of my pregnancy at all. We found out we were expecting a week before he went in and it broke my heart. He started out in county jail in September and every week I would go and visit him twice a week for 1 hour each time and I would talk on the phone with him all the time. He was recently moved to a holding center to await his transfer to prison. I haven't heard from him or seen him in almost 3 weeks. It's killing us both and I want to cry everyday. Today I finally got a letter and a phone call from him which made me sooooo happy. I pay all the bills while he is gone and provide him with commissary money as well as our phone time. I work as a waitress and am currently 27 weeks pregnant. I work weekends every weekend no fail. The first time I can go see him is on a Sunday when I work, my hours are the exact hours of the visit time. I have found someone to cover my shift for me but I don't know if I should take the time off. I'm going to be the only one supporting our baby and my boss really is not fond of me staying with him while he's gone as she had told me. I also want to make money. There are specific days I can visit and specific times. The prison is 2 hours away and I don't want to lie to my boss about why I want to have someone work for me but I just really want to see him. My co-workers are supportive of me seeing him and have helped me in the past. My SO is insisting I take the day off to see him I'm just so torn. Any advice on what I should do??