Weird Post Breakup Situation- advice?

Macy
My boyfriend and broke up about three weeks ago after dating for a year and a half. He convinced me that ending things was the right decision for both of us, because I'll be leaving for college in several months and it "made his heart hurt" to be with me and think about it ending- he wanted to get it over with and not wait for it to be more painful later. Last week he called me, told me he made a mistake, and tried to convince me to get back together with him. I said I didn't think it was a good idea... and that we probably shouldn't talk because it was too hard. Our relationship was never great for me, I felt judged and limited in what I was "allowed" to do. Even so, I loved him (and am still not over him). A couple days ago I was having a really bad time, feeling upset and weak and tired. I texted him asking if I could talk to him (I know I shouldn't have!!) he BLOCKED my phone number, and then proceeded to block me on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc... The breakup seemed amicable, but this? I confess, I messaged him on ig before he blocked one of my accounts, just to tell him I was hurt and ask what was going on. I see him almost everyday in the gym, so yesterday I ran into him and told him that I needed an explanation, 5 words or less. I told him I'd leave him alone. HE STRAIGHT UP ignored me and walked away. What the hell? 
Is this normal? We had a loving relationship and I thought he would give me more respect than that. Why is he allowed to cave and beg me to get back together with him and I can't have a single moment of weakness- he just hangs me out to dry!? What should I do? Note: I have no choice in seeing him constantly, we're in the same room at least 4 days a week.