Is this Fair?

zena
Ok so my boyfriend/father of my child has been living with me for two years. Last year his other children's mother let him file her one son and he gave her over half of what he got back. This year she won't let him claim him. He only worked a few months this year and I have been basically helping take care of him our household and helping him with his children also. So in filing his taxes this year without his son he wasn't getting any taxes back hardly so to help us out I said he can claim my two children and our daughter we have together which made a huge jump in his refund and I mean huge without him he would have gotten prop $500 before tax prep fees. So after I went and filed his taxes for him and let him know how much he was to get back he got brand new on me. He told me I can get $2000 and he was keeping the other portion which is a very large amount because he needs to buy his other children things give their mother money and still have money for himself. I don't want to sound like a bitch but that woman wouldn't even let him claim his own children and he has 4 with her but he is going to use the money that my children helped him get. That doesn't seem fair to me at all. Without them he wouldn't be getting squat. He said I'm being selfish but I don't think so.