Postpartum Bleeding

Lisa
Wanted to share and see if anyone had a similar experience.  If so, when did the bleeding actually stop?
I had a C-section on December 19th and bled heavily that night into the next morning.  As of the second day (21st) I only had light bleeding and spotting. On the 23rd I had completely stopped bleeding. This continued until the 28th.  On the 28th I went to my docs office because I wasn't feeling right and was having trouble using the bathroom (poop, pee, farts, etc) and was having lightning crotch.  She checked all that out and tested for a UTI and then realized my BP was super high (I was admitted to the hospital four days early with preeclampsia). So I was sent to the ER. I refused to sit and be near sick people because I didn't want to bring germs home to my 8 day old infants.  I ended up waiting for 10 hours and standing the whole time.  When I got home that night I started bright red bleeding enough to fill a pad about every 4-5 hours. This lasted about 10 days then stopped.  On the 19th (exactly 1 month postpartum I was feeding one of my girls and started passing huge clots (about the size of a golf ball to the size of a fist). Called my doc and she had me come in for an ultrasound. Didn't see anything and thought that the breast feeding may have cause my uterus to contract strongly causing the clots.  I continued to bleed through about a pad every 3-4 hours until my 6 week check up.  I was asked if my period returned and said that I hadn't stopped bleeding. I was then sent for an advanced ultrasound to try to rule out any retained placenta or tissues. The results were inconclusive because my endometriallinig was so thick. For the next week I bled heavier (1 pad every 1-2 hours) and then completely stopped by thegollowing Saturday.  I was supposed to go for a hysteroscopy on Friday and called to see if I should cancel (my doc still wanted to check it). I had no more bleeding and then after the hysteroscopy bled for a day and a half and stopped.  I had no bleeding at all the next week then last night my bleeding came back - it was pretty light and brownish so I figured old blood. Today it is heavier and bright red again. This evening I have been bleeding through a regular tampon in a hour. 
I am getting so frustrated.  I'm beginning to think this is my new "normal". I'm already two and a half months post partum. When does it end?!