Baby and eating solids

Sarah
So recently when it comes to my LO feeding on solids, he is not accepting it. When we first introduced him at about six and a half months, he didn't want anything to do with eating the food. He would purse his mouth closed. And then all of sudden, about three weeks ago, he started accepting it and seemed like he actually really liked everything we were giving him. Then, for the the last week or so he's back to not wanting to do anything with the food again. He is exclusively breastfed so I wonder if that has anything to do with it? As far as him solely wanting to breastfeed to comfort himself now that he's teething? Because it does feel like he's wanting on the boob like every hour and a half and then of course not wanting ANY solid food. So I'm wondering if it's just little stages he's going through right now. Have any of you guys come across this issue with your LO not accepting solid foods or going back and forth? My little guy is 8 months old now so I feel like we should be getting to the stage where he is wanting to eat more.