Engagement Advice?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice!
I've been with my boyfriend now for almost 6 years (I'm 19 and he's 20, both of us in college). We've been through a lot together and have been openly talking about engagement for a while; I'm confident that he's the one and we have plans to get married after college. He plans on bringing this up with my parents towards the end of the summer so he can get their approval before we make too many plans. I wanted to talk to my mom before he talks to my dad; my dad is very strict so I figure if I get my moms support, she may be able to convince him it will all be ok. Also I just love my mom and all the advice she gives me, and so I want to talk to her about this to see what she has to say. 
What I am asking all of you is if you have any advice for me talking to my mom about this? I want her to know that I am serious, which shouldn't be hard seeing I am very mature for my age, I just don't know how to tell her without her getting mad or upset at how young I am. Thank you all for your time and wise words 😊