Normal or Not???

Ok, I have 10 month old ( will be 11 month soon) baby boy. I am a breastfeeding sahm.  My son doesn't like being held by anyone but me. He will allow his dad to held for very short periods of time. My family and husband's family say because he don't get to see other people just me. They say I should bring him around more people. I take my son out about 6 days out the week. I try having some mommy time ( going to target by myself) but he will cry and cry until I return ( it drives my husband crazy) . I have him signed up for swim and music classes. My son will be very tense in the class but don't cry. Every time family will try to hold him or talk to him then he will cry and cry until I am hold him again. He have been this way since about 3 or 4 months old. I just tried of being blame because he cry with other people. My son will smile at our neighbors or people in the store. But when around family he will not smile and will just cry. Family members say he is too attached to me and is codependent on me.