Baby is here!

Victoria

What a day!! Today (6/11) is my due date and I went into labor at 0530 this morning, contractions were 7 mins apart and stayed that way until about 730pm. They were getting stronger but not closer and L&D told me to wait until they were 5 min apart.

I got in the bath to try to deal with the pain and that's when it got unbearably painful and went from 7 min to about 5 1/2 - 6 min apart. I decided it was time to head to the hospital, I was in too much pain. I was supposed to go to a hospital an hour away from home but I couldn't handle the pain anymore so I went to one 20 mins away instead.

I got here around 830. They immediately checked me and I was fully dilated and baby was at station zero. They told me I would not have made it to the other hospital and that I made the right decision to come here.

The nurses rushed me to a delivery room, I had no time to get an epidural. I had not planned on giving birth naturally but I had no choice, I was ready to push! It was so painful, they told me to hold the urge to push as they still had to prep me. I've never been in so much pain! I begged to push because I couldn't hold it anymore and around 9, they gave me the okay!

I pushed for about 15-20 mins and welcomed my beautiful baby girl to this world. I'm still in disbelief how fast I progressed after not making any progress all day! I'm just so glad it's over and can't wait to go home with baby!