Telling people our baby's name...?

Kaylea • 10.22.16 💍 10.04.17 💙 05.29.19 💙
So ever since we found out we were pregnant, my husband's dad has always joked about naming our baby (they joked with his sister through both her pregnancies about naming her girls Avery, and the joke got passed into me). Which was funny for a while, but when we found out we were having a boy, people have started pressuring us to tell them what we're naming him. We do have his name picked out, and I wanted to keep it secret until I'm ready, but at this point I'm about to go crazy. So now he's started calling him Carlos. 😑 Again, it was funny for a minute, but now every time I see him I try to avoid anything baby related. My husband has suggested we tell everyone on the 4th of July when all his family is going to be around, but I just don't know if I'm ready. The only reason I've been avoiding it is bc I don't want people to have preconceived feelings about his name before he's born and give me grief about it. I know I could just get over it and tell them to suck it up, but sometimes his family doesn't know when to stop with the jokes. Plus, it's kind of like the last thing that we get to keep to ourselves about this pregnancy, which is really special and important to me. What should I do?!

Vote below to see results!