Contractions Every 2 Minutes, Sent Home

Je

I was hoping someone could offer me some insight! I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and I went to the hospital last night for really bad nerve pain and pressure so bad in my butt and groin I was throwing up. When I got there, they hooked me up to all the monitors and what not and found that I was having contractions every 2 minutes on the dot. When I first got there, they checked my cervix and said I wasn't dilated and after two hours they checked again and said I was at a fingertip and I could go home and it was probably Braxton Hicks and to just take warm epsom salt baths for my nerve pain and the pressure in my butt. Also, if it matters, they said I was very well hydrated and also said that there was a lot of mucus in my urine and it was probably just discharge.

I've been home for about 7 hours now and I'm still having contractions about two minutes, same intensity as last night except I'm feeling more crampy and the pressure is all still there. The hospital told me not to come back until I can't talk through them anymore.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and/or able to give insight into my situation?