johnny cash's first wife (warning: racial slur in post)

👻
Sorry if this isn't controversial enough, but I think it's at least interesting. For those that watched walk the line, we know his first wife Vivian looks like this::::: 
I saw a comment on Tumblr after a "did you know" blog updated about him, which had me search what Vivian actually looked like. I never care to dive into details of ex wives of celebrities from decades ago so I never looked at the real her before. Here she is:::: 
I am just "?????? 😳😯👀 ??????" 
I looked at forums on this topic, and older generation country fans are claiming "Greek and Italian". Others have bashed her for self-hating, others are saying multi-racial. 
If she was black, biracial, multi racial, I'm kinda upset that even in 2005 the movie didn't come out with at LEAST someone tan/biracial/not white to portray her and allude to what she really looked like. I also understand that BACK THEN she had to claim anything white if she could, though. But at least in the early 00's they could have hired an actress that looked a bit more like her so the audience could do our own research and go from there. 
Idk. I'm upset that this is news to me. I only heard one of their daughters walked out of the movie because "she was portrayed as really controlling" and that's it. 

Edit: a couple of more photos. She was a stunner either way!