Announcing to my mother tomorrow

Mary 🏳️‍🌈

My mother decided to come to town and visit me just for fun this weekend, but she's in for a little surprise. Before showing off, here's a little back story:

When Mom was pregnant with me, she started a printed cross stitch baby quilt of a clown (my nursery theme). She never finished and, almost thirty years later when I expressed an interest in cross stitch, she gave it to me with her stash. I'm going to finish it for our baby. In the week since finding out I'm pregnant, I've already finished the clown's face, hair, arms, and hands (she had only done the balloons and hat).

Our baby is due less than a week after her birthday (3/21 and 3/27). So, we bought her a birthday card and a gift bag to put the quilt in. The card itself reads,

"Grandma, birthdays mean more fun, more cake, more laughs, more ice cream, more smiles, more wishes, more dreams..." and, handwritten in, "...more family..."

"...and more reasons to enjoy being the birthday girl, Grandma. Happy birthday."

I added, "Grandma, Mommy and Mama are working hard to get me ready to meet you on both of our birthdays in March. Since they don't have a picture of me yet- I'm only a blob the size of a chocolate chip, after all-, Mama wanted to show you my baby blanket. Look familiar? Just like me, it has a ways to go, but we think it'll be worth the wait. Love, Baby White"

I'm so excited for her to get all confused about receiving a birthday present in the wrong month just to find out she's going to be a grandma. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!!!