Do I need a psychiatrist

Olivia

So I've shown signs of depression since the seventh grade and most of my family has some type of mental illness lately I haven't been my usual self an I have really took a plunge in my mental health. I'm sad all the time and feel worthless and most of the time I want to cry my eyes out. I have a lot of anxiety attacks and go to sleep crying 3 out of the 7 days a week. I have a lot of problems I've never told anyone. And i can't just tell people because it could either make them really worried or tell me to get over it. I wanna see a psychiatrist but I'm 16 and my mom doesn't know I'm going through all of this. And I don't want her to know. I don't want her thinking I'm sick or ill and I don't want her treating me like a glass doll. I don't like pity or sympathy. I can't ask her to see a psychiatrist because I think she'll get worried about me. And my worst fear is being another mentally ill person in my family because most of them do things that are horrendous and unforgivable. I don't want my family thinking I'm next if word gets out I'm seeking help. But most of all I don't want to worry others around me. Like my mom and my brothers. I need advice on what to do because right now I have no idea what to do.