Sorrrrryyyy

Charley Knows • 24 and living without a thyroid 💪🏼

Okay I fucked my last poll up a bit as I'm watching Hangover 3... I think (hope) many misunderstood what I was discussing.

THIS IS NOT DISCUSSING RAISING CHILDREN WITH NO GENDER.

The article I heard this morning was for a new TV show (watch it if you can) and how in SCHOOLS we should be teaching children equal opportunities, teaching confidence, emotional capabilities and eradicating gender roles.

"Dr Javid is taking over Year 3 in Lanesend primary school in the Isle of Wight, aiming to remove all differences in the way boys and girls are treated and to see if, after a term of 'gender neutral' treatment, he can even out the gaps in their achievement across a range of important psychological measures - from self-confidence to emotional intelligence."

"However much he was expecting to find differences between the boys and girls, Dr Javid is shocked by the test results. Girls show a consistent pattern of underestimating their academic abilities and lack confidence and self-esteem in comparison with the boys, while the boys demonstrate a worrying inability to express their emotions in comparison with the girls. The test results are enough to convince class teacher Graham Andre to adopt a broad range of changes and to eradicate from the classroom anything that reinforces the idea that boys and girls are fundamentally different. From the books the kids read to the way they are spoken to, the mission is to emphasize to the kids that gender makes no impact on what they are capable of achieving."

"As a doctor, Javid knows that there are basic biological differences between the sexes, but he believes our biology can't fully explain why men and women's life chances in the UK are still so unequal. He believes that how we treat our children in childhood has to be the deciding factor - and the latest research in how brains develop backs him up."

Up for a genuine debate here as to people who think it isn't right, therefore believing that children should grow up with gender roles and gender stereotypes.

Source BBC.

Vote below to see results!