Back at the gym

Courtney

So I'm overweight... more like "morbidly obese" and I've been trying to conceive for a couple months now. We started the process 6 months ago with testing with an RE and such... but I haven't really been to the gym since before I married my wife last August.

In August, we got married. Two weeks later, my wife had to move to the Bay Area (we're in Sacramento) to be a campaign manager for a local election. She's the cook in the fam and her job required her to be away and work 12-16 hour days. That lasted late August til the election.

In November, we ate our feelings because of Trump and her mom being terminally ill with breast cancer that had metastasized to her bones and other surrounding organs. We are our way thru the last Disneyland trip we'd enjoy with Mom (I called her mom too).

In December, mom was hospitalized with an infection from open wounds that wouldn't heal because she wasn't obtaining enough nutrients. Nurses and doctors suggested hospice. From Dec-Jan 16, we had in home nurses daily over to care for mom. Weekends and more were spent with Mom and eating out. No time for the gym or other personal care.

January 16, Mom took her last breaths after asking everyone if they were grateful. We will forever remember those words.

February to now - we bought a house, moved, worked our asses off, and generally tried anything to keep our head above water.

The body count for my wife was 20lbs gained from Aug 2016 to Aug 2017. For me, it was my sanity and probably 10 pounds. I had gone from being able to deadlift almost 200lbs to barely being able to walk a block.

Tonight - we are triumphantly back at the gym. I'm only doing 20 minutes on the upright bike and some weights but I am getting sweaty. It's back to us.

Work it.