Amber Elise is here!!!

Keturah

So excited I finally get to write one of these!!! I went to my OB appt on Thursday, got an ultrasound to check size of baby and if she was head down before delivery and received an induction date for Saturday, Aug 26. We arrived at the hospital pretty early and the induction process started right away. The nurse checked my cervix and I was about 4cm. I ended up fallinleep asleep for a few hours and when I woke up the contractions were still not painful more annoying than anything. My doctor finally comes in 8 hours after the induction started to check my cervix and I immediately knew something was wrong. This was my 4th baby and normally I'd be dilated to the full 10 or either pushed the baby out. He pulls his hand out and tells me that he felt the baby's butt. Somehow between Thursday 8/24 and Saturday 8/26, my baby had managed to flip upside down and become breech. I was so afraid of having a C section I asked the doctor if he could turn her around, and he said it was too risky. My husband and I prayed around 4:30, and by 5pm she was out. Forever grateful for pain medicine and my sweet husband for never leaving my side. Here's my little beauty!!! 8lbs/5oz 21 inches