Relax and enjoy the pregnancy, they say.

Mary Beth

Confessions of a first time mom here. The day I found out I was pregnant, I went out and bought the book what to expect when you are expecting. I keep reading tips from friends and apps that tell you to just stop worrying, and enjoy the pregnancy glow. It's better for you and the baby.

Sure!! No problem. That's like telling someone to not think about a giraffe.…… You just thought about a giraffe, didn't you? It's OK. They're cute!

Every bump, weird stretching feeling sensation, discharge, some spotting but not too much spotting, nausea, some cramping but not too much cramping, and weird thing my body is doing now that it has never done before… Apparently this is all normal and I should just relax. But it's not normal for me. And I have no idea what single, or combination of symptoms should be concerning. So they all are.

I'm sure they tell you not to worry, because there's really not much you can do about it if your body decides to miscarry. I guess I just want to know what the heck is going on with my body. Why did I just feel that stretching? Why did I just feel that light cramping? Are you growing or something more serious happening? Did I buy the wrong prenatal vitamins and now you don't have enough vitamin C? There was a mosquito in our house the other day… I wonder if I have Zika now?

I suppose this is just the beginning of my lifelong job of constantly worrying about my child. I am 37 years old and my mother still worries when I leave the house.... in a different state than her.

BTW- I have my 12 week ultrasound tomorrow. Breeeeeaaaaathe.