Boyfriend loves me, boyfriend doesn't?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now. I'm his first girlfriend, first absolutely everything, and I do mean everything! At 22 years old he lost and I try to be very patient with him knowing he's still learning what all of this means, but I am going crazy. His mother and sister both tell me he loves me and his father jokes around about me being his future daughter in law and his family are his best friends he tells them everything, but I don't know if his mom and sister tell me the truth and that he truest loves me. I love him and I want to tell him he's an idiot and that I love him but I'm so scared that he doesn't love me. And don't get me wrong we've talked about love before and he just says he doesn't know what it means but I don't know if he loves me or not, I mean it's been over a year now, you think he would know if he loves me or not? Every time I look at him, I wanna tell him but it's driving me crazy when I can't tell him and I don't want to scare him off but I don't know how much longer I can take all this, I need help or advice, what should I do?