Is it?

Emily

Lately I have been having pain near the vaginal opening, and it was swelled up and what not. I figured it was from rough sex, because I’ve had sex with this person before and we were fine.

However the pain and swelling had already been going on for 6 days, so I had went to the doctor. I was honestly just expecting them to tell me I had a yeast infection or something of that sort, but as they looked at my vagina, she said it looked “arousted” or that it had an ulcer looking thing in not only the place I was feeling pain, but also in other places in my vagina. And that she thought I had HSV.

They ran a test and I’m currently waiting on the results for 5 - 7 days..

But I don’t understand how it’s possible, I’ve only had sex with one person unprotected multiple times, and as far as both he and I know, he hadn’t had it and any of our other partners have had it. He’s had cold sores on his lip before, but he hadn’t had one in a long time or at the time when we had sex.

I can’t see, even when I take a mirror to my vagina. All I know is it’s a hell of a lot of pain.

I know I need to come to terms with it, but I need some advice.

I’m only 17, and to hear that this is what I have when I’ve only been with this one person for over s year is quite frustrating..

So if anyone could talk to me about all this, that’d be great cause I could really use any advice or support.. :/

Also I did tell my partner and told him to go get tested as well.