Unsolicited advice

Jo

My younger sister loves to try to tell me what to do. We have a huge age gap so we’ve never gotten along. She like to do dangerous things and I often told her not to so I always got a lot of heat for being bossy. Basically if I even boss her a little bit I won’t be allowed to dinners with my family. I get heat if I tell her to please be a little quieter if my baby is sleeping. My sister can tell me how I should let my son watch paw patrol because it will help him developmentally. I don’t let him watch tv unless he’s sick and needs a little distraction. Telling her no and asking her to stop with the unsolicited advice was a bad move. I’m on the edge of no more family dinners. I’m a single ftm so i just don’t know how to handle this situation. How do I protect my son and not lose my place in my family? I try not to boss her when I do see her because of the way my family reacts but I need to make sure my son is okay. She’s the type to completely go against my wishes if I look away. My entire family goes against my wishes but I don’t have anyone else.