Tell Me Someone Else Has Been Through This...

Ashley

We had our anatomy scan yesterday and were pleased to hear that our little man looks great! Everything seems to be going well, but after I left the office, I received a call from the doctor...

I was driving and couldn’t get to it fast enough, but they left a voicemail advising me to come back and pick up a “Urine Jug”, because they want to do a 24 hour urinalysis because there’s been protein in my urine at my last two visits.

My mom picked up the jug for me, since I had to be at work, so I didn’t get a chance to see anyone or ask any questions.. The message said to just bring the jug with me at my appointment next week (I’m high risk, so I’m seen weekly) and then I’ll be getting bloodwork done.

Naturally, my first instinct was to Google, “protein in urine during pregnancy”, which I know is one of the worst things I could’ve done, but all that came up was that it could be pre-eclampsia. I haven’t had high blood pressure at all during this pregnancy, so I’m trying to stay positive, but I am absolutely freaking out.

Has anyone else been through this or something similar? Looking for any insight you ladies may have!

Thanks in advance.