Birth Control

Abby

My mother has helped me with everything when it came to health issues and appointments, although it seems to be in denial when it comes to PCOS. I was told at the age of 14 that I needed to be checked and put on birth control, but to religious reasons I am not on it.

Three months ago I was put on Metformin and was told to do a check up. My mother refuses to bring me, and when spoken to, she told me that it was me not taking it or it not working and wants to put me on a bigger dosage. Ive had my limit. I’m afraid this will affect my life in the long run. I want to get Birth Control even if it’s with or without her, although what do I do? I understand I go to a health clinic near me, but do they do exams before giving me birth control? Do I have to pay for the visit, exams, and birth control? I really need help ladies. I’m a 16 year old, Junior year high school student, with no job. (I take college courses and I’m afraid a job is not an opportunity at the moment, but that may change depending on what the road leads after getting answers.) I’m on this road alone besides my grandmother. What do I need to prepare myself for? Money and mentally...