New Relationship

I’m finally dating the person I should’ve dated years ago and when we’re together it’s fun and there’s great chemistry but we’re at two different colleges plus other obligations so we don’t see each other as much as would be ideal. I feel like we’re not in a good texting routine if that makes sense. Like it’ll go almost the entire day before I hear from him and I text him first and I know its because he’s busy but I’m also on my period right now so it’s starting to bug me and I don’t want to overreact or get emotional.. 🙄 but I’m wanting just messages like “hey I’ll be busy today but good morning” things like that. Hopefully this makes sense

***UPDATE: it got to a point this week where we barely talked at all. Like maybe 2-5 messages from him a day all at night so I decided to try and talk to him about it and told him it was about something bothering me. Didn’t hear from him for 24 hours but he was looking at my snapchat stories while not answering a text or call from me (I didn’t blow up his phone) and when he finally answered it was on Snapchat and it was dry and unapologetic and I sent him a long message about how I feel about how much we don’t talk and how it makes me feel like he forgets about me and it opened it and didn’t answer.. I don’t want to break up because this isn’t a pattern that’s been going on it’s all been this past week or so so I don’t know if something bigger is going on that he hasn’t told me.. but I’m running out of patience