Mirena

Linsi

I've had irregular periods since my first one when I was 13. very long, heavy, painful periods. I got an iud last year since I was bouncing from different birth controls for 5 years at that point. So with Mirena, I didn't bleed during insertion but a week later a started what ended up being a couple months of a period and 8 months of spotting... I asked my doctor to remove it but she said to try some low doses of estrogen and yeah it helped... it shocked my periods back to "normal" but they were still heavy (lasting a week) and my cramps actually felt worse. now I have had my period for a solid month, my cramps are sooooo painful, ive been bloated the entire time, and gaining weight. I'm not sexual active and haven't been, so now I'm certain im getting this removed. I wish it could've worked since I didn't want to be taking the pill every day, but I think this made my period worse and I've gained over 15 pounds with it, my moods are absolutely terrible, and my back and abdomen are in constant pain....