Do you think they took advantage of me because of my age?

🪐 E.T 🪐

Hi CC, I’m posting this here because I guess this could be controversial and I know you guys are the most honest. I’ve just turned 17 today and I’ve never had a job so I honestly don’t know anything about the work environment.

So some of you may know I got offered an apprenticeship for a doggy day care, and my dream job is to work with animals! So obviously I took it. They said I had to do a week of unpaid work to get it.

In the week I worked as hard as I possibly could, working in a doggy day care is harder than you’d imagine 😂 I was aching every day. So on Tuesday I was late because my bus didn’t come, they were absolutely fine with it and even declined my offer to stay an hour later and were so understanding.

Throughout the week they gave me some weird things to clean, for example one day it was to scrub down all the walls inside using disinfectant and another day it was to clean underneath the inside fences. With all of this I had help from the apprentice who already worked there.

On the last day (Friday) they gave me a lot more shit to do and all without the help of the other apprentice. I was asked to scrub down the whole of the garden including the walls, fences, equipment, floor, inside a pile of tires 😂 and basically the same for the inside. They even had me cleaning their wellies lmao.

So at the end of that day I’m told even though I’m great with the dogs, at following instructions, basically everything they need in an apprentice, they can’t give me it because I was late on Tuesday.

I’m just confused and pissed off, like why would they make me carry on working for the rest of the week? Did they basically just use me to get all their shit done for free?