Expelling Paragard

Chelsea • Girl Gamer, Tech Junkie, Lover, Warrior Princess 👑

I am so bummed. It’s been a little over 2 weeks since I got my Paragard IUD and everything was going so well, until today. Currently on my period and today it was a little heavier so I decided to use a tampon for the first time since getting it inserted...worst idea ever. My Paragard expelled!!! Literally completely came out of me. In the process of trying to get in touch with my doctors office to get an appointment to figure out what to do next. I have not had any children, but I have been battling some health issues and have been slowly getting off all of my meds and thought that the option for non-hormonal BC was an awesome idea. Hoping I can try again and it works out this time. 😩😩😩 Has anyone else been through this?? What did you decide to do after?? Thoughts on Skyla, Kyleena, Liletta, and Mirena vs. Paragard for those who have never had children??

Update (02/27/2018): After checking my cervix via ultrasound my Gyn confirmed that my cervix was too small (26cm) and could not hold the Paragard in place so she convinced me to go with Skyla/Hormonal IUD. The experience was actually less painful this time. (SN: neither experience for me was truly painful, more uncomfortable, but every body is different) Hoping everything continues to go well this time around. I will keep you guys posted!