should I?

So I’ve had this crush for a while and both my friends and mom want me to tell him my feelings so that “I’ll stop trailing along if the feelings aren’t mutual” (mom). I never told my mom I liked him but she tells me I see the way you look at each other. We make a whole bunch of eye contact it’s pretty crazy and so we go to church together and when we shake hands it’s not even shaking it’s just holding on to each other and sometimes when he walks away from me he’ll pull me along with him. We have times where we text for days straight and I swear when he texts me his favorite emoji is the smirking one (😏). One time we were texting and I said that I would fall and he was like I’ll catch you and I swear my heart stopped for a second😂😭. Anyways he’s 3 years older than me but we’re at that weird age where I’m 17 and he’s 20. Ohh and on Sunday he was cutting out a heart and then he showed it to me and then he walked towards me and placed it over my heart😭. The point is that I’m really shy and don’t really want to tell him that I have feelings for him but I’m going to Greece for spring break and my friend suggested that I tell him before I leave so that if he “rejects” me that I have time to get over him. So my question is, do y’all think I should tell him & if so how?