Mavis Rose Elaine πŸ˜­πŸ˜‡

Audrey Lynn β€’ momma to a 13 month old angel πŸ‘ΌπŸΌπŸ’“πŸ˜

I've never really talked about losing my daughter. I replay the day in my head over & over & over again. February 1, 2018. A little back story: when I was 18 weeks pregnant we found out Mavis had Hydrocephalus; excess water on the brain. When she was born, she only had about 25% of her brain developed. We spent a month in the NICU at Riley. Her doctor's said she would never move, eat, etc. & they didn't believe she would make it out of the NICU. Fast forward a few months; we started doing therapy & she was able to roll over; grab things. She looked like a "normal" child. She was very developmentally delayed; but she was so full of life. She was also blind; but she would track sounds. She was the best thing to happen to my husband & I. Her medical complications go on & on; but the short version is that she had 2 of the rarest & most severe forms of muscular dystrophy. We knew her day would come;Β  & we knew it would come with her breathing being the first thing to go...So on February 1st we decided to make the familiar trip to Riley. Mavis had been a little warm & was having trouble breathing; but her oxygen levels were in the 80-100 range. We live in Terre Haute; & that day we didn't make it anywhere out of Terre Haute before she stopped breathing & her heart stopped. My husband & I are both in the military so we are generally trained in life saving skills. I gave her CPR....it didn't help....she lost control of her bowels in my lap...i knew then she was gone...We finally made it to the ER after what felt like an eternity & they did CPR on her for 30 minutes. They flew her to Riley, but it was too late...they had used so much medicine to get her heart beating again that it was the only thing keeping her alive....my husband & I held her in our arms as her heart stopped foe the last time...February 1, 2018 at 9pm. I don't know what to do with myself any more. My heart is gone...She lived to be an amazing little girl at 13 months old. She proved everyone wrong & we couldn't be more proud of her; we jus wish we still had her to see what other odds she beat....πŸ˜’πŸ’”πŸ˜ #MiracleMavis #MommasStinkButt #BeAnElephant