Crush

So I’ve pretty much liked this guy for a whole year now. I’m not sure what it is about him I just REALLY like him. The thing is, he’s a junior and I’m a freshman. And honestly thats not really a problem because he’s only 1 year older than me (16 & 15) I don’t really even want to go out with him or anything I just REALLY want to be his friend and talk to him. When i talk to him I feel really happy. Like it’s just a really good feeling. We rarely talk because I’m way too shy and he doesn’t really notice me. He knows my name because we have like 1 class together and I have a club with him. Today I asked for his number and email to send him something for the club and he actually gave it to me. I don’t know... like I said I just really want to talk to him and be his friend. I want to be able to say Hey when I see him in the hallways and I want to make him laugh and smile at me. What should I do? I’ve tried talking to him but I get scared... should I just forget it? He’s honestly such a nice and great guy