Need advice.

Haley

So my friend who’s a guy has been having trouble with depression. He says everyone leaves him and that I should leave too. I’m always there for him. I’ve had my fair share of depressive states but he hasn’t really asked if I’m ok like I have to him. Which I’m not holding against him, I’m used to it. I’ve told him over and over again that I would never leave, and that I’m here for him. He won’t give up on pushing me away. I’ve tried my best but I sadly don’t think it’s enough for him. I have this tendency to take upon others emotions when they’re sad or angry. So for example when someone is sad I’ll get sad for no reason, their emotions will just project onto me. I just wish he would realize that I’m always going to be there for him and I’m a very loyal friend, and I would never in a million years think about leaving one of my friends in the mud. It’s happened to me, so I know how it feels, and I don’t wish the feeling of someone you thought would always be there for you, leaving you. It honestly hurts me to think someone I deeply care about pushing me away because I care too much about them because isn’t it better to have someone who cares too much than not at all?