My mother doesn’t want me to be a stay at home mom

Jordan

I am currently a teacher for special needs kids in Maryland. I just got a new raise allowing me to make $32k a year.

My boyfriend (father of the baby) wants me to be a SAHM so our child isn’t in the care of a stranger as that’s my biggest fear. Right now he’s with my grandmother until the end of the school year...after that...we’re on our own.

We can afford to be on his income, it may be hard but we can do it and he’s willing to pick up another job.

My mother (who Was a single mom) doesn’t want me to stop working. She knows that I enjoy shopping and will die not being able to spend money (kind of true but kind of not). She’s making me doubt my decision to be a SAHM. Everyone in the family says it’s only a short amount of time it’ll be okay, but she’s against it.

I don’t know what to do or who to listen to. I’ve explored the option of selling things that I make (as I have a Bachelors in Graphic Design) and coming back to my current job when the time is right (as they always have a high turn over).

What is your advice/words of wisdom? I need help!