Abnormal genetic result

Ashleigh

Hi all

Yesterday we got some pretty shocking news. This is my second pregnancy and first baby after suffering a miscarriage last year(blighted ovum).

The professor called me and said let starts off with I think your baby is fine. Then went on with scientific jargon to explain that all my tests for downs was fine however we found extra traces of chromosome 10.

Me being an answers woman I asked well what does that mean. This is very very very rare and in fact my obstetrician has not seen this in his practice. The professor said he is writing a paper on it currently.

We were nearly at 12 weeks and were getting ready to announce and do a gender reveal. We are holding off now until we have answers. Pretty much I have more bloods, a very important scan to check for abnormalities and then a amino. It seems like a long road ahead.

There are 3 outcomes:

1. The chromosome are only in the placenta and baby is fine

2. Baby has a little bit of chromosome 10 which then baby could be fine

3. Trisomy 10 meaning baby is incompatible with life.

I just want answers today but now I've got 6 weeks of worry and scans to find out. I'm praying with everything I have that this baby is fine and I'll be holding a healthy baby in 6 months time.

Just looking for anyone who has had this or similar. Thanks for your support