104.4 degree fever..

Lyndsay • Mother of 3 ❤ 10/03/10, 10/13/16 & 11/07/18

ok so I get a text from my mom before she went to work saying that my daughter got back from school with a 102 degree fever. ok.. didn't really think much of it to be honest, I assumed she had fever reducer and she didn't. fast forward a few hours and she texted asking me to check on my daughter, my step dad told her she was twitching in her sleep... red flag. I instantly go to Kroger and get both Tylenol and Motrin for my daughter and head straight to my moms. I get there, she's laying on the couch looking completely miserable. I immediately gave her Motrin and I wish I would've took her temperature right away because I'm not sure what it got up to exactly. But a half hour later it was 104.4 ... My daughter is 7. so I started thinking why tf her father didn't take her to be seen right after he picked her up from school. I started getting annoyed, I sent the picture to him and here's what he said..

his "work" is more important than his daughters health. I decided to not respond due to the fact I'll be 10 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I don't need the extra b.s. from him. back story time, he got custody of our daughter last September due to a series of unfortunate events. I'm on track to get my daughter back in June, I'm excited. But my point is.. I'm not aloud to take her anywhere at the moment, that's why I didn't just take her when I seen her. it hurt me deeply seeing my daughter like that. I spent an hour with her (My max amount of visit time) and I made sure she was comfortable. I changed her into lightweight pajamas, gave her a dose of Tylenol as well and put a cold rag on her head. there is honestly NO EXCUSE as to why he couldn't leave work. my kids health will ALWAYS come before a job. a job can be replaced but a child cannot. I'm hurt by his lack of parenting. thanks for reading. ❤