Pityriasis Rosea

Tati 🦩

Sooooo yesterday I was diagnosed with a skin condition called pityriasis rosea. It fucking sucks. It isn’t contagious, the cause is unknown, it has no cure, and it takes 6-8 weeks to clear up.

It started on my stomach and then spread to my back, then my arms, and now my thighs. I look crazy.

I went hiking two days before I noticed the rash so I initially thought that something bit me, but as days passed I started getting more, so I thought something was biting me at home, and then I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something so I started putting cortisone on the lesions and taking allergy medicine to help the terrible itching. That wasn’t working and next thing I know I had red lesions all over my body except my face, lower legs, hands and feet.

I ended up going to the ER and that is when I was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea.

It itches, burns, looks terrible, and my whole summer is ruined and might I add, I start training for my new job in 6 days.

It’s not getting better, I woke up with more oh my stomach, lower legs, and a few on my neck. Cocoanut oil is helping the itch, but ultimately I have to just wait until it goes away on its own (6-8 weeks).

Super depressing, wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.