Needing advice

Haley

My mood is completely out of whack. It has been since the beginning of this year. I started noticing it a few months back. I’ve been having these problems where I get in a really low depressed spot. I think there’s no meaning to anything I do, I just do things for no reason and on impulse. Everything can be going great for me but then out of nowhere my mood will just come crashing down. Now of course there has been times when certain events happened and contributed to my low depressed mood but I used to be able to counter act these events and not let it affect me so deeply. I’ve been seeing a therapist but it hasn’t been helping like I would like it to. I’m supposed to be on medication for sever anxiety but my mom doesn’t really want me on it and that’s going nowhere. I think I need medication because I feel like I have absolutely no control over my moods anymore. They can be super high and be so so low. When I get in these low spots I’ll push back homework I’ll stay in my room and I’ll just eat cold food without heating it up. I just stop caring. I won’t wash my face or take care of myself. I just feel like I can’t do anything. I can’t bring myself to do any of it. I loose motivation. When I have these lows and I have to go to dance practice I dread it even though it’s my absolute favorite thing to do. I get yelled at by family members for being seen as lazy and unmotivated when I have these lows and they don’t understand that I can’t do any of it. It’s hard to explain because it’s just like do it. Why can’t you do your laundry or why can’t you just do your homework or why can’t you just have that want to go to dance practice. It really frustrates me because like I said why can’t I just do it. I have no clue why I feel like this a lot. I wish I didn’t. I wish there could be something to help but I haven’t found it yet. I wish I knew why I felt like this.