Praying for my ex

Mariah

So my first ever relationship-Christian or otherwise-was with a guy from church. He’s INCREDIBLE, and I thought I was falling in love with him. Just as I was working up to tell him this, he broke up with me one day in the church parking lot. He said that he thinks I’m beautiful,amazing, etc but that we shouldn’t date anymore bc “God is calling him to be single for awhile”. Once I got home, he tried to video chat with me on Facebook, and started talking to me like he didn’t just break my heart an hour ago. After that there was about a month of NC until he told me happy birthday. We’ve talked friendly on and off since then. But last week he just abruptly started ignoring me again...

I’m having a REALLY hard time. I want to talk to him, but my friends say maybe the reality of his decision is hitting him and I should give him space. I try to pray for him, but it’s hard to not just turn it into a prayer of “please let us get back together”. I thought I was going to marry him.... and deep down I still do. Idk whether that’s me being desperate or if it’s a God thing and he just needs to work stuff out between him and the Lord. I’m hoping that’s it. I’ve had dreams where we get back together, his nieces have said that “uncle ants you to be his gf again” and just a bunch of little stuff that gives me hope still. But any advice on how to effectively pray for him WITHOUT me begging God that we get back together? 😬