When does sex feel normal again? 😫

I’m 8 weeks postpartum and had a normal vaginal delivery. I did have some tearing, though my doctor never specified what “degree”. She just said that it wasn’t that bad and it was mostly internally. I could definitely feel some stitches on the exterior though in one specific area at the base and it was the most painful part of recovery. Anyway, my husband and I had sex for the first time at 6 weeks postpartum after my doctor gave the go ahead and said I “healed perfectly”. It felt good in the moment, took it slow and used lots of lube, but afterwards was really painful. I expected as much, so I was fine with it and figured it’d be better the next time. 7 weeks PP was our second attempt and again super painful after the fact. Last night at 8 weeks PP was our third attempt (still being pretty gentle) and it was REALLY painful afterwards. I felt like I had given birth all over again, like it was my first days home from the hospital. I mostly feel pain in that one specific area at the base of my vagina, it feels like my actual muscle tissue was torn in that area. We used to have such a fun, healthy sex life and I feel like it’s ruined. My husband isn’t forcing me to have sex or anything, but it’s important to me and it’s important to our marriage, so I just feel devastated about this. I also feel incredibly insecure by the changes down there and afraid that it’ll never be the same 😫 Does it ever really get better!? Is it possible that I’m not fully healed or will I always feel this pain afterwards?