Camera in the nursery

Bethany

We have the only child in the church we’re attending. We just moved back to my hometown and my dad is the pastor here. They have a nursery room but since it’s only my DS (18 mos) I sit up there with him and listen to the sermon being piped in. The nursery has a security camera for safety purposes that I was told was turned off bc it’s only me with my own child.

Recently I was asked to stop nursing him in the nursery bc the camera is on and I was spotted on the monitor by the sound guy. It might be bc I am newly pregnant but I feel extremely offended and hurt that not only is the camera I was told was off, in fact on, but that I would get asked to stop taking care of my child and soothing him during church which is usually his nap time he’s cranky and hungry. I bring snacks but nothing else will do some times.

Again, it’s me alone in an upstairs room with my own child. And what am I going to do with the new baby? Just not nurse them?? Struggle to keep a cover on a flailing toddler? Changing churches is not an option bc my dad is the pastor and would be very hurt but I feel embarrassed and humiliated that an old church guy has been seeing my boobs all this time.

Am I overreacting? I’m tempted to just keep giving my DS the boob when he wants it and sound guy can get an eyeful but I don’t want it to reflect badly on my dad.

Vote below to see results!