🙌🏼 long post 🙃

My fiancé and I have been falling apart. That’s just the honest truth. We’ve been trying so so long for a baby and it has really taken its toll. His sperm count is low. Last night was one of the worst nights we’ve experienced as a couple. We had decided it was better to call it quits.

Now I fully believe that prayer works and I believe in miracles especially after today.

We didn’t really say much to eachother as the morning got started but we decided we’d go do something with the kids. ( mine from previous relationship ) I really wasn’t in the mood for anything but as we’re driving along he’s like “do you mind if we go into petsmart” ? I said “I don’t care, but we aren’t buying anything”

About 2 hours later we were on our way home.

We adopted this precious baby 💜

I absolutely love her 💜

She is protective of them and they love her 💜

Now for the part that had me in tears.... “I’m sorry that we’ve had problems, I’m sorry that I can’t give you a baby. I know this isn’t the same, but I knew I had to get her for you, something just told me I needed to. I saw the look on your face, and the way your eyes lighted up when you saw her. I love you so much, and I want to work things out”

Back story:

Her name was Lexi, and she passed away. She was my saving grace when life was at the ultimate lowest for me. I was 18. Shortly after I adopted Lexi I found out I was pregnant with my son.

When I saw this dog today I thought it was Lexi. She looks identical and the way she acted towards me was exactly the way Lexi acted. I actually started crying uncontrollably. I didn’t expect to adopt a dog today, in fact I was ready to go, as my fiancé handed me the adopted papers. He did this without me knowing 😭😭💜

I guess it just got me in my feels because life has been so rough lately and now it’s like it’s a sign that everything is going to be okay. Idk? But I’m hopeful.

I don’t expect to find out I’m pregnant... but

this is the first time I’ve felt happy and not so upset in a long time.

If you read this all the way, thank you. I just had to write about it.

The new dogs name is Emery and she was adopted at the Petsmart in Amarillo, TX today 🙃