Blood test gender results!

Okay, so I am SUPER frustrated (mostly my hormones all whacked out making a big deal of something that shouldn’t be lol)

I am scheduled with maternal fetal medicine next week for my 1st trimester screening of trisomy 18, 21, ect. I called my OB/GYN because my boyfriend & I are wanting to find out the gender at that time as well since it is an option for us.. anyway, I asked them if they needed to specifically order the gender blood work or if MFM will already do so. Or if that was something I needed to call MFM for to discuss.

My OB/GYN was extremely rude with me over the phone and said that they do not do any kind of gender blood work (I know for a fact they so because I’m 2 weeks behind a friend who just did it) and told me I don’t need to worry about it until my 20 weeks ultrasound “the gender is not a concern” Okay. HOWEVER if it is an option for me & I’m choosing to do, I can do so.

Have any of you done the blood work for the gender?! If so, how did you go about doing so? I know everywhere is different & I will be calling MFM to figure this out! Just thought I’d ask around!