"When are you getting married???"

Victoria

Me and my SO work together. We have been together a year. I am 21 and he is about to be 25. After about 6 months of our relationship, all the old school people at work started asking when we are getting married. After a year, everyone else followed. Keep in mind, while I will say yes if my SO proposed to me at any time, neither of us wants to get married until I'm at least 25. And we don't want any children. No, I'm not just saying that. We don't want children. To the point that one of us would leave the other if they changed their mind. That being said, I am so tired of constantly being asked this question. And by people I barely know! And being asked when I'm going to have kids. And when I tell them I don't want any, they try to push the idea of kids on me. People tell me it's "my Christian duty" to have kids. That's what my told as a woman is. To get married and pop a few kids out. And I'm so sick of it. To the point that I almost want me and my boyfriend to fake breaking up to get them to stop!! Sorry for this rant. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets this. I just don't feel the need to rush things. I KNOW me and my SO are going to get married. It's just on our own time, and that should be okay.