Pregnant after 3 years ttc- our story

Sophie

Me and my boyfriend have been together 6 and a half years, since I was 16 years old and he was 18. we always talked about the future and having kids but that’s all it ever was just talk, we was to young to start having a family. Time went on and our relationship was great, my first love, the person I trusted the most. We started talking more and more about babies, so we decided that on my 19th birthday I would come off birth control and start trying. I know some of you might think that’s far to young but when you’re so in love and you have the best support from your family age is just a number. Honestly we went into this trying for a baby thing really naive. Our thoughts were that we would fall pregnant straight away because we were so young, it happens to everyone else so why wouldn’t it for us, right? .. wrong.

Ovulation test after ovulation test came back negative, until this day I only ever had 7 tests positive for ovulation during our 3 year journey. People we knew who wasn’t even trying were falling pregnant, we put on our happy faces and when we went home we just talked and cried. It wasn’t happening for us, we were scared and confused about why us, we are healthy and young so why not us?

So on the 30th June 2018 we had a doctors appointment about our infertility. The days leading up to the appointment I was absolutely terrified we was going to be told we couldn’t have children or they don’t know what’s wrong.

About a week or so before our appointment I was poorly. I was sent home from work because I was throwing up but I completely put aside pregnancy because well why would I be when it’s taken this long. I couldn’t stop smelling raw potatoes.. I know 😂. But I still completely brushed passed being pregnant.

The morning of our appointment I thought I would take a pregnancy test to show our doctor how this is a journey we want but it’s not happening.. and I kid you not, half an hour before our appointment that pregnancy test could not of come back clearer!.. two lines straight away!

I ran into my boyfriends office and screamed “IM PREGNANT”, he jumped up and hugged me so tight, I fell to my knees and we both cried. We went to our doctors appointment with a positive pregnancy test, and instead of telling him about our infertility issues we told him we were pregnant!

I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, who we are going to call Arya (haha yes it’s from game of thrones 😂) We are blessed, we are grateful and we are happy. We are so excited for our journey ahead. We are living proof that pregnancy can happen to anyone. It is hard, it is stressful but please never give up. One day it will be your day, never forget that!

❤️💗