Does my man have a crush on my best friend?

So I recently started dating this guy he’s 25 and I’m 20. Its been almost 3 months and i like him a lot but I’m not stupid. So he had met my friend early on in our relationship, literally the night after we all kind of hung out he asked questions like, “shes a flirt right?” and “does she have a boyfriend?” he had also comment about how cute she is, which I agreed to. Fast track to a couple weeks later, he brought up the idea of having a threesome and whether I would have one, I said yes and he mentioned her. I told him I didn’t like that and he apologized. Just sometimes throughout our relationship he would bring her up specifically (even though he has met my other best friend) anytime I said I was going out. Now a few days ago we were talking and he wanted to hang out but I didn’t feel like driving to his place so again he was like go hang out with her and then out of nowhere he was like yeah “you guys probably have sex together” just randomly. That’s when I really snapped and told him I felt disrespected. I confronted him, and told me I was being ridiculous and it wasn’t like that because he never talks to her and blah blah blah, and we haven’t spoken for a couple days now.I love my friend and I obviously theres no reason to be mad at her because she never entertains anything and doesn’t know he’s said things like about her. Shes all for my relationship and is dating as well, but am I tripping? do you guys think he has a little crush on her because I definitely think he does and what else should I do? And just do add he really has been a good boyfriend and he has said that with his career ( hes a combat engineer for the reserves) he choosing not to deploy right now so he can work on our relationship but idk this whole thing bothers the fuck out of me