Missed MC - 💔

Went in for my first ultrasound this past Wednesday. I had a horrible tech who did the initial measurements then only showed me the screen for 5 seconds and no prints, then said she needed to call the doctor and made a comment “I don’t know if you’ll have to do your bloodwork today” 😢.

Waited for a doctor call back for 45min and nothing. Their office (which is in the hospital) closes at 4 so she sent me home with no answers. Next day called my clinic and explained what happened and that I wanted answers. Got me in for 3pm and explained that baby had stopped developing 3-4wks ago and no heartbeat.

Friday, today, went in for my D&C. My OB/Surgeon was amazing. He went back and got my a print off of the ultrasound and filed a complaint in the handling of my scan for me. Hoping that went well and I won’t need another. We are grieving and upset but also in understanding that these things happen, as crappy as it is. We haven’t decided whether to continue TTC after my first regular period or not, plenty of time to decide.

But thanks everyone for a great community while I was here!