“Oh, this must be your first”

I hate how people (usually older people) throw that in my face every time I won’t let them give my daughter something that is genuinely unsafe for her.

Why is me making an educated decision with what my daughter can have, being to uptight and over protective?

Like why are older people (MAINLY MY GRANDMOTHER) obsessed with wanting to give my 10 month old a sucker?

And then when I say no to them giving her something I get the same “this must be your first” response followed with “well I was letting my kid have this when they were younger than her”

WELL GOOD FOR YOU SUSAN. YOU RAISED YOUR KID HOW YOU WANTED. LET ME DO THE SAME.

I’m so tired of hearing “well when you have more you’ll just give them what they want to keep them quiet” like no I won’t? I’m not going to just give my kid whatever they want just because they throw a fit over it.

Me not letting my child have a sucker, or chocolate cake, or a sip of soda, or something with honey in it, does not make me an over protective “first time parent”. Me not wanting to immediately put my baby front facing when she turns 1, is for HER safety.

Just because you did it and nothing bad happened, doesn’t mean that other parents were so lucky.

Why am I constantly shamed for doing what I feel is best for MY daughter?

Just for those asking: