Clogged milk ducts

Quaya

Let my 6wk old sleep on my chest for about 2 hours (I was reclined and she was using my right breast as a pillow) well I dosed off and when I woke up my breast hurt sooo bad! Touching it hurt, moving my arm hurt, walking hurt, anything that would affect movement of my breast hurt so bad I wanted to go to ER but instead called nurse. They told me probably clogged milk ducts and to use hot water in shower for 15 mins, and hot rag on it prior to feeding/pumping. I did all the above and took Tylenol, 6 hours later the pain was basically gone and I could now feel the huge hard lump (different lump than when I’m engorged) on the underside of my breast and now my milk is not coming out as much as it usually does.

It’s the first time I’ve ever seen her unlatch from my breast while trying to feed, after unlatching 3 times I switched sides and she ate as normal. It’s been 3 days and the lump is still there 😩

I’m thinking it’s because babies big head was too much weight on my breast? Trying to avoid that pain in the future.

Anyone have any experience with this?