Some reassurance please ladies 😔!

Amy

I am 35 weeks pregnant with my second baby and my little one is measuring on the small side. I had hoped to go to my local birth centre (midwifery led unit) to give birth but I’ve been measuring small since 30 weeks and have had 2 growth scans and was monitored on the ctg (not sure if that’s what it is called) machine.

The first growth scan I was measuring behind with the tape so was sent for one but baby was measuring perfect on the scan so I thought all was well.

Then two weeks later I was measuring behind again so sent for the monitoring and another scan as if also had reduced movements. This scan showed my baby was growing slower and on the smaller side. The machine also picked up that I’m having regular tightenings (which I am aware of but some I feel more than others and they didn’t feel regular to me!) so I’ve been told to look out for signs of prem labour!

I have my next scan on the 20th to check baby’s growth then see the consultant to make a plan.

I had none of this with my daughter I had a perfect pregnancy labour and birth at 40+2 with her so this is such a shock :(!

Sorry for the long story I just could use some reassurance that my baby will be okay and if so then I would really like to go to the birth centre for delivery the thought of having to go to the hospital delivery suite really frightens me :(!

Thank you all in advance!! I’d really appreciate the reassurance or even if this has happened to anyone else and they could let me know what happened so I can prepare myself that be fab! Thank you for baring with me I know it’s a long read!