The Rollercoaster of 1st Time Pregnancy

Theodore

29 weeks. 2 days. The journey has been arduous to say the least. Trimester 1? A delight. Trimester 2? Sweatier and less comfortable, but still pretty good. 3 on the other hand.... dear God in Heaven. I’m beginning to think that Nature is an actual woman. She realized that I’m wimpy as shit, and is like “Aw honey, that won’t do. Not when those labor pains start. But don’t worry, I got you! It’s a 12 step plan, consisting of confusing and horrifying pains and various forms of spotting at times (ya know, just for spice! ;D ) about 3-5 times a week. But don’t worry! Even though it’s going to look like you’re going into preterm labor every time, you’ll find out that you’re not having contractions at all and your baby is doing really well. You’ll discover all of this upon the weekly trips to the hospital. These hospital trips will usually go down at night from 9pm-1:30am. You’ll have every type of discharge possible, all in abundance. OH! And sometimes it’s going to look very specific, but you’ll only be left with vague wording like ‘mucusy’ and ‘watery’. And it’ll be great cause by the time that your child DOES arrive, you’ll be so relieved to have it be over, that you won’t even care about the pain of delivery. No, no. Don’t thank me, it’s my pleasure,”

But for real though. I love my future son. And I’m so happy to have made it this far. But I’m so beyond over the constant scares, pains, etc. Lets face it, being pregnant is a full time, treacherous job.