Putting on my big girl pants

Today I found out that my younger sister (26) is pregnant. She told me through text.

I’m the only person in my family she has told. She won’t be telling anyone else until she is 12 weeks pregnant. She’s terrified that our family will react poorly.

Her boyfriend of 3 years is almost 30. He is immature, emotionally/mentally abusive and somewhat of a dead beat.

They’ve had issues with keeping utilities on and are just in such a bad financial position in general.

She’s over the moon happy and I am going to be extremely supportive of her. It’s just really hard.

My husband (29) and I (28) have been together for 10 years and we’ve been TTC for about a year with no luck. We both work hard. He’s in a doctoral program and my career is starting to take off. I track my ovulation using apps and OPKs. I read every article that I can get my hands on.

They got pregnant while “not trying, but not preventing”

I’m going to be supportive because I love my sister. And I would never make her feel guilty for becoming a mom. As selfish as it sounds... it just sucks.

On top of it, I have to keep it to myself for 2 months and she’s already asked me to be in charge of her gender reveal.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that I get to be an aunt. I just feel hurt and needed to vent since I can’t talk to my mom. I don’t mean to be selfish.

Can anyone relate?