My heart was in my stomach!!

Natasha

We went in for a checkup today. I’m 14 weeks and we go in every 4 weeks for a routine checkup and to hear the baby’s heart beat. When the doctor started looking for the heart beat she could not find it. She searched for a long time and you could start to feel the tension in the room. The doctor stayed calm but my husband said you could tell the nurse was getting a little nervous. I was almost in tears and I could see the worried look in my husband’s eyes. It felt like an hour had passed. The doctor decided to check a little lower and FINALLY found the heart beat. It was as strong as can be! I was crying tears of joy!

I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I’m having a baby but today made it feel so real. The idea of not having this little one, even if it was only for a couple minutes, made everything come into perspective. I haven’t even met this little baby yet and I know I love him/her like I have never loved anyone else in my life. I am so excited for this adventure and to bring this little blessing into the world.